You may be surprised to read the above, but truthfully you should brace yourself for this fact. Why don’t elliptical machines and treadmills work? Here are five good reasons.
1. Working on elliptical machines and treadmills will not give you the results that you want. Sure, you can get some form of results but are they the good results that you need? Working on these machines is a waste of your time. Did you know that the same amount of time, if invested in a high intensity workout can provide you with much better results? If you were for example using up the same amount of time following the routine from the Power 90 program for Team Beachbody, you will be able to burn more fat and increase your metabolism to greater heights. So instead of spending all those precious time on those machines get yourself into a more meaningful workout.
2. You waste a lot of money buying machines that don’t give you the results that you want. Buying any of these elliptical machines or treadmills will cost you your hard earned cash. Instead of spending all that money of something that gives you mediocre results, you are better off spending that money on a tough workout that really works, like the P90X program also from Team Beachbody.
3. There are studies that show running on machines like the treadmill is not as effective as actual running outdoors. Running on treadmills gives you stride abnormalities and you will burn fewer calories. so take your running outdoors!
4. Doing steady state exercises, or routines that don’t require much concentration will only give you poor results. So if you use elliptical machines or treadmills and read or watch TV at the same time, you don’t get a connection between your mind and your body. This will not work for the better.
5. And the most obvious reason why these machines do not work is because they are just plain boring and uninspiring. What you should do instead are high intensity workouts that work best for burning fat. So get off those machines.